Loeb & Loeb’s Real Estate Practice provides a broad range of sophisticated legal and counseling services to clients around the world who are buying, selling, investing in or leasing commercial, multifamily, office, industrial, hospitality and residential properties. We represent a wide variety of clients in the real estate industry, including financial institutions acting as lenders, investors or credit enhancers; institutional, corporate, and individual buyers and sellers of real estate; developers; landlords; tenants; and mortgage bankers. We also represent the hospitality, restaurant and retail industries, both nationally and internationally, in a variety of business enterprises with respect to acquiring, leasing and operating restaurants, spas and retailers in hotels, shopping centers and free-standing locations. Our diverse client base includes major banks, national retailers and one of the nation’s largest apartment real estate investment trusts.
READ MOREREAD LESS
Our national team of attorneys handles the following types of transactions and real estate matters:
- Real estate finance, including acquisition, development and construction loans; “mini perm” loans; permanent commercial mortgage loans; mezzanine loans; and conduit loans
- Leasing and subleasing of all asset classes for both tenants and landlords, with a particular emphasis on office and retail space
- Acquisitions, sales, partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability company agreements
- Land use, zoning, development and entitlement matters
- Environmental issues, including brownfields development; due diligence reviews and negotiation of risk allocation and transfer mechanisms; green building and lease issues; and environmental cleanups
- Creditors’ rights, workouts and restructuring
- Mortgage banking issues, including licensing as well as purchases and sales of mortgage servicing rights and mortgages, including forward commitments
- Credit-enhancement facilities for tax-exempt and taxable bonds
- Tax/1031 exchanges
- Real estate and title insurance litigation
Our goal is to help our clients make informed and successful legal and business decisions. Because of the volume of deals we handle every year, we have developed efficient and responsive teams that provide business-oriented and practical advice. While most real estate matters can be handled within the practice, clients can be assured that additional resources from Loeb & Loeb’s tax, insurance, financing, corporate, litigation and bankruptcy teams are available – as are others – to add breadth and depth, as required.