345 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Chair, Real Estate
Raymond Sanseverino concentrates on commercial real estate law, with an emphasis in leasing, brokerage and conveyancing transactions. He represents both landlords and tenants in the leasing of all types of real estate, including office and retail space. He also represents sellers and purchasers of all types of real estate and real estate brokers and owners in connection with commission and agency agreements and commission claims.
Currently, Mr. Sanseverino is landlord's counsel at numerous office buildings, including those at One World Financial Center (New York, NY), Two World Financial Center (New York, NY), 1114 Avenue of the Americas (the Grace Building, New York, NY), 17 State Street (New York, NY), 375 Park Avenue (the Seagram Building, New York, NY), 390 Park Avenue (Lever House, New York, NY), 875 Third Avenue (New York, NY), 120 Park Avenue (New York, NY), Newport Tower (Jersey City, NJ) and 545 Madison Avenue (New York, NY). Mr. Sanseverino also represents such companies as The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation, Thomson Reuters, Kaiser Permanente and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. in connection with real estate matters.
Represented Google Inc., as tenant, in connection with (i) the expansion, extension and restatement of its leases in two buildings in the complex known as Cambridge Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, (ii) the negotiation of a new lease in one of the other buildings in such complex, and (iii) an agreement for the construction of new buildings connecting the existing buildings in order to create a campus setting, for office space aggregating approximately 300,000 square feet.
Represented 120 Park Avenue Associates LLC as landlord in a large-scale office lease of more than 400,000 square feet at 120 Park Avenue to financial information and technology company Bloomberg L.P.
Represented 875 Third Avenue LLC, as landlord, in the lease of 110,000 square feet of office space to Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. in the building located at 875 Third Avenue, New York, New York.
Represented the New York Liquidation Bureau, as tenant, in the lease of 115,500 square feet at 110 William Street in New York City's Financial and Insurance District.
Lease representing Willis Group, as tenant, in its lease of more than 140,000 square feet in the Sears Tower, located at 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois. As part of the negotiations, Willis was granted naming rights to the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, which has been renamed Willis Tower.
Lease representing Brookfield Properties, as landlord, in the lease of 244,000 RSF of office space to AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company in the building known as Newport Tower, Jersey City, New Jersey.
Lease representing Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., as tenant, in the lease of 336,000 RSF of headquarters space in the building known as the Ordway building, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland, California.
Representation of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc., as tenant, in the leasing of 211,000 RSF of space in the building known as Station Place Building 3, located at 700 2nd Street, N.E., Washington, DC, for use as a medical facility.
- Panelist, 7th Annual RealShare New York, New York, New York (September 25, 2008)
- Panelist, Negotiating in Changing Times, Real Estate Board of New York, New York, NY (February 26, 2008)
- Panelist, 6th Annual RealShare NEW YORK: Leading the Conversation of Real Estate, New York, New York (September 26, 2007)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Franklin & Marshall College
- President, Franklin & Marshall Alumni Association (2006-2007)
- Member, Board of Directors, Franklin & Marshall Alumni Association (2001-2008)
- Ex-officio Member, Board of Trustees, Franklin & Marshall College (2006-08)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Member, Real Property Law Section)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Approved by New York State as a Real Estate Instructor
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2009-2013)
- Named in "Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business," in New York Real Estate, (2005-2012 editions)
- Named "New York Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2006-2012)
- Named "Top Deal Maker" in Real Estate Weekly (2009)
- Recipient, Franklin & Marshall College Alumni Citation (2009)
- Named "2008 All Star" in Real Estate Weekly
- Named in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in the World and Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1972, cum laude
Articles Editor, Fordham Law Review (1971-72)
Franklin & Marshall College, A.B., 1968
U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1974
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1973
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1973