In the energy finance arena, Loeb & Loeb’s in-depth understanding of the industry is paired with our established reputation as a global leader in crafting successful financial structures for borrowers and lenders.
The winning combination of talent offered by attorneys from our Energy and Finance Groups allows us to put together transactions that encompass both traditional and innovative arrangements. Our firm has a long and successful track record of putting together successful financial transactions for Fortune 500 clients, as well as for up-and-coming companies. We represent developers, contractors, utilities, public-private partnerships, equity investors and lenders.
Our experience in the field of commercial finance, private placements, structured finance and securitization has allowed issuers, lenders and equity investors the opportunity to participate in valuable expansion and investment opportunities in the energy sector, both in the US and abroad. We work with developers, major energy companies, federal and state agencies, utilities and public-private partnerships. Our lender and investor representation includes banks, insurance companies, institutional investors, private investors, agents, syndicate members and other consortiums.
We are veterans in putting together deals that range from traditional project financing and multi-project cross-collateralization, to leveraged and synthetic lease arrangements.
Our project development and finance capabilities encompass:
- Project and facility financings
- Debt financings
- Corporate, partnership and limited liability ownership and operating structures
- Federal, state and local regulatory matters
- Construction and long-term financing
- Lines of credit
- Credit tenant loans (CTLs)
- Tax equity and tax-exempt financing
- Subordinated debt and mezzanine facilities
- Second-lien facilities
- Real estate financing
- Collateralized securities
- Leveraged and synthetic leases
- Mortgage, industrial development and rate-reduction bonds
- Fuel leasing
- Tax credits
- Power and renewable energy credit sales
- Fuel supply contracts
- Construction, operation and maintenance contracts
- Environmental, land use and real estate
- Bankruptcies and workouts
Loeb & Loeb’s cross-practice collaboration and knowledge of the regulatory, real estate, tax and compliance aspects of the industry are at the heart of our commitment to our clients. This commitment results in our ability to consistently deliver a comprehensive, coordinated legal approach that adds value for every Loeb & Loeb client and to every transaction we handle on their behalf.
Our representative project finance experience includes:
- Represented institutional lenders providing $70 million of financing for the 300-MW, two-unit, natural gas-fired, simple cycle peaking plant leased to Wisconsin Power and Light Company in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with the $24 million financing to construct and operate a chilled water facility to provide Howard University Hospital with its chilled water requirements.
- Currently representing institutional lenders in connection with a significant project financing for the privatization of water and waste water facilities.
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with privately placed financings for American Transmission Company, Portland General Electric, Transwestern Pipeline Company, GDF Suez/Al Dur Holding Company, Penn West and Port Washington Generating Station/Wisconsin Electric Power.
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with various financings relating to the $357 million Pass Through Certificates for Choctaw Generation Limited (Suez North America), Red Hills Generation Facility, Mississippi/440 mg lignite-fired electric generation facility.
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with various financings relating to the $385 million Notes for Ravenswood Unit 40 (KeySpan/Transcanada) 250 net mw combined cycle natural gas fired electric generating facility.