345 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Jonathan Neil Strauss practices in all areas of complex commercial litigation, with particular focuses on intellectual property and entertainment-related matters, and financial services and securities litigation. Mr. Strauss’s experience includes representing clients in disputes involving claims under the Copyright and Lanham Acts and state law right of publicity statutes, individual and class action securities cases, shareholder derivative suits, and regulatory and internal investigations. He has also represented clients in cases involving numerous other types of business torts and contractual disputes, including cases arising from commercial real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and claims of professional malpractice. His clients include media and entertainment companies, including major motion picture studios, television networks and music companies, financial institutions and private equity firms, and numerous Fortune 500 companies.
Prior Work Experience
Prior to joining Loeb, Mr. Strauss was an associate in Davis Polk & Wardwell’s Litigation Department.
- Speaker, Capitol Records v. ReDigi: Practical Implications for the Digital Resale Marketplace, New York, New York (June 6, 2013)
- Speaker, Loeb & Loeb IP/Entertainment Law Conference, Los Angeles, California (October 5, 2011)
- Speaker, Loeb & Loeb IP/Entertainment Law Conference, Los Angeles, California (October 21, 2009)
- Editor, Loeb & Loeb’s IP/Entertainment Law Weekly Case Update For Motion Picture Studios and Television Networks (May 2009 - present)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Intellectual Property: Copyright, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named "New York Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2012)
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
Associate Editor, New York University Law Review
Order of the Coif
University of Michigan, B.A., 1998