Loeb & Loeb’s gTLD Development and Response Team provides clients with the in-depth legal analysis and strategic counsel needed to navigate the generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) marketplace, and advises both gTLD applicants and non-applicants on the myriad unique and evolving regulatory, dispute, contractual, intellectual property, branding, marketing and technology issues they encounter.
READ MOREREAD LESS
This team draws on the integrated spectrum of expertise from Loeb & Loeb’s Intellectual Property, Advanced Media and Technology, Corporate, and Advertising and Promotions practices to deliver the full range of in-depth analysis, strategic counsel and legal services that the new gTLD introduction and emerging business and service models demand.
We offer a wide range of services to gTLD applicants and non-applicants, including:
- Strategic counseling on gTLD monetization, including seizing unfolding opportunities and managing legal risks
- Exploiting gTLDs as brand owners
- Protecting and enforcing trademarks and IP assets
- Developing and representing clients in informal and formal objections to applications
- Responding to objections on behalf of applicants
- Addressing concerns about brand encroachment, community identity and registration
- Advising on marketing, advertising, social media, privacy and other issues related to the use and monetization of TLDs and gTLDs
In addition, Loeb & Loeb serves as an agent with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH), a rights protection mechanism built into ICANN’s gTLD program. The TMCH is a centralized database for information on trademark rights, to which eligible rights holders may submit their marks prior to and during the launch of any gTLDs. As an agent, Loeb & Loeb is able to act directly with the TMCH on behalf of brand owners regarding their marks.
As one of the leading law firms in the technology, media, advertising and intellectual property spaces, Loeb & Loeb is uniquely positioned to offer clients a holistic approach that seamlessly combines our cross-discipline strengths. With extensive experience in domain name–related issues, we are well-versed in due diligence and risk assessment, and are prepared to quickly and decisively advance our clients’ interests.
Our gTLD Development and Response Team works with individuals, nonprofit organizations, businesses and corporations from a variety of industry sectors.