Loeb & Loeb’s Finance Practice represents a broad spectrum of banks, investment funds and other financial institutions in financing transactions of varying sizes and types. We also routinely represent borrowers in financing transactions. We are typically involved from the structuring of proposals through the negotiation, documentation, and administration of credit facilities and the issuance of debt securities, offering practical problem-solving skills and in-depth market understanding and experience to get the deals done and meet the needs of our clients in the United States and internationally.
READ MOREREAD LESS
Our transactional capabilities include the following:
- Commercial finance
- Private client finance (including financings for fine art, aircraft, hedge funds and other assets)
- Real estate financing (including leveraged lease and sale/leaseback transactions)
- Private equity capital call facilities
- Workouts, restructurings and debtor-in-possession financings
- Senior secured facilities
- Asset-based and cash flow lines of credit
- Private placements
- Convertible debt
- Second-lien facilities, subordinated debt and mezzanine facilities
- Leveraged acquisitions (including issuances of warrants and other equity participations)
- Letter of credit facilities
- Cross-border and multicurrency loans
- Purchase order financings
- Life insurance premium financing
- Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE) transactions
Our diverse experience includes representation of agents and syndicate members in syndicated credits. We also have expertise in aircraft and equipment leasing, asset-based warehouse and repurchase transactions, factoring, and other off-balance-sheet financings. In addition, attorneys in our practice have assisted clients in the purchase and sale of particular loans and loan portfolios, and we have structured and closed financings involving marketable securities (including restricted and control stock).
Our Finance team works closely with colleagues in the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice when handling loan and debt securities workouts, restructurings, debtor-in-possession financings, Chapter 11 reorganizations and related insolvency matters. The combined experience of these groups enables Loeb & Loeb to assist in maximizing recovery in problem credit situations. Similarly, we often collaborate with colleagues in other areas of the firm who are experienced in litigation, corporate, private equity, tax, real estate, employee benefits, intellectual property, environmental, telecommunications, entertainment, securities and insurance to assist in the structuring, closing and workout of transactions for our clients across a wide range of industries.