Loeb & Loeb’s Energy Practice offers a dynamic combination of transactional, regulatory and litigation capabilities for clients in the electric, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy sectors. Representing Fortune 500 corporations, multinational companies, regional utilities and up-and-coming startups, our attorneys have handled virtually every type of transactional and operational challenge the industry has faced in the past 35 years.
READ MOREREAD LESS
From identifying available tax credits for maximum financial benefit to acquiring, developing and implementing smart grid technology, Loeb & Loeb helps clients tackle major development and infrastructure projects across the United States. On the international front, our work on complex inbound and outbound transactions is essential for clients seeking successful global partnerships.
Our work spans wind, solar, hydro, waste-to-energy and geothermal innovations as well as traditional electric, natural gas and nuclear projects. Working with utilities, governments and public-private partnerships, we have delivered solutions for clients that have paved the way for transmission grid expansion, power generation advancements and facility upgrades.
Our Washington, DC, attorneys maintain close contact with colleagues representing federal and state agencies and regulatory commissions and are respected by private regional transmission organizations (RTOs) and the independent system operators (ISOs) across the country.
On the West Coast, we handle investment opportunities originating from the many green energy companies headquartered in that region and provide counsel on interconnection issues and regulatory changes that are the lasting legacy of California’s energy crisis of 2000. Our colleague, former California Governor Gray Davis, offers clients an unparalleled understanding of the western states’ energy markets.
The broad range of capabilities offered by the Loeb & Loeb Energy Practice includes:
- Corporate, securities and finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities offerings
- Project finance and development
- Tax equity financing
- SEC matters
- Infrastructure development
- DOE grants
- Power plant construction and expansion
- Transmission projects
- Joint ventures
- Regulatory, litigation and compliance
- Federal and state regulation
- Federal and state rate cases
- Appeals of regulatory orders
- Legislative monitoring
- NERC standards
- Advisory counsel and audits
- Enforcement and penalty phase representation
- Federal and state legislative representation
- Intellectual property
- Patent and trademark
- Technology and outsourcing
- Acquisition, development and implementation of energy-related IT assets
- Technology and business process outsourcing
- Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) development
- Tax structures
- Available tax advantages and benefits
- Environmental and land use
- Brownfields and Superfund projects