10100 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA
Chair, Entertainment; Chair, Talent
Craig Emanuel's practice includes representation of high level writers, directors, actors, producers and production companies in all aspects of motion picture and television transactions, both at the studio and independent level. Mr. Emanuel is also involved in the negotiation of strategic distribution relationships with the major studios including licensing of digital media content. Mr. Emanuel has a background in representing European banks in film finance transactions and has experience in the structuring and sale of international co-productions.
Mr. Emanuel’s talent clients include Ryan Murphy, Tony Gilroy, Robert Rodriguez, Gabriele Muccino, Iain Softley, Peter Chelsom, Russell Mulcahy, Alex Proyas, Stephan Elliott, Julie Delpy, Vanessa Marcil and Paul Hogan. His producer clients include Cathy Schulman, Anthony Bregman and Don Murphy. He has also been involved in the structuring and sale of a large number of independent films on behalf of both talent and producer clients.
Mr. Emanuel counsels advertisers and other media clients on a variety of issues and transactions ranging from sponsorship agreements, media and celebrity placement agreements to matters related to branded entertainment.
In addition, Mr. Emanuel serves as an appointed ambassador of ScreenSingapore, a cultural organization aimed at providing a platform for the film industry in Asia. He is frequently asked to speak at film festivals and entertainment industry-specific events, which have previously included the Annual UCLA Entertainment Symposium and the Women in Film and Television Summit. Mr. Emanuel was previously a moderator at the Middle East International Film Festival (MEIFF) in Abu Dhabi and at the Film Independent Forum in Los Angeles.
- Speaker, Women In Film / Sundance Initiative Finance Forum (November 12, 2013)
- Speaker, 37th Annual UCLA Entertainment Symposium (March 8-9, 2013)
- Speaker, 36th Annual UCLA Entertainment Symposium (March 9-10, 2012)
- Speaker, Film Independent Forum, Los Angeles, California (October 22, 2011)
- Speaker, Global Representation of Writers and Directors, Association of Talent Agents (ATA) Seminar, Beverly Hills, California (September 23, 2009)
- Speaker, State of the Union Address, Sundance Creative Producing Summit, Sundance, Utah (July 24, 2009)
- Speaker, International Coproductions: Alive and Well!, Produced By Conference, Los Angeles, California (June 7, 2009)
- Panelist, Pitching Over There, Filmmakers Forum: Over There, BritWeek 2009, Beverly Hills, California (April 24, 2009)
- Member, Advisory Board, Entertainment Symposium, UCLA School of Law
- Member, Los Angeles Film Festival Advisory Committee
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2013)
- Named "Top Entertainment Attorney" in Variety's "Legal Impact Report" (2013)
- Named as a ScreenSingapore Ambassador (2011)
- Named "Top Lawyer" in The Hollywood Reporter, ESQ.’s “Power Lawyers Top 100” list (2011-2013 editions)
- Named "Top Dealmaker" in Variety's “Dealmakers Impact Report '08” list (2008)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Entertainment Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2006-2014)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California Media & Entertainment, (2007-2013 editions)
- Named in "Southern California Super Lawyers" in Entertainment & Sports, a Thomson Reuters business (2007-2013)
- Named "New Star" by Lawdragon 500 (2006)
Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), LL.B., 1981
Monash University (Melbourne, Australia), Bachelor of Jurisprudence, 1979