Loeb & Loeb’s Branded Entertainment Group assists advertisers, agencies, entertainment and media companies and others with branded entertainment initiatives. With an extremely broad-based entertainment law practice, and a nationally known advertising and promotions practice, we bring dynamic experience that is unmatched in the industry.
Our group assists clients in strategizing, structuring and negotiating complex and sophisticated deals with content creators and providers for use in all forms of media. We serve as a bridge for advertisers to the entertainment world, and assist them in identifying and working with key players to further their branded entertainment initiatives. These range from product placement and advertiser-sponsored programming to multi-faceted deals that involve the creation or licensing of content for domestic or worldwide use, and include funding and sponsorship of tours and other events, celebrity endorsements and international distribution.
In addition, we provide our clients advice on intellectual property, compliance and regulatory issues. From the FTC and FCC to state legislatures and industry guilds, we help our clients comply with increasingly complex regulations and protect their intellectual property rights.
With a strong presence in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville and Chicago, we are qualified to connect these converging industries in an era where the lines between film, television, music and advertising continue to blur.
Our expansive knowledge covers all areas of the entertainment and media industry including:
- Cable and satellite
- Motion picture and television
From endorsement deals to licensing agreements, we handle matters for some of the biggest advertisers and entertainers including representing:
- McDonald’s Corp. in major endorsement deals with multiple recording artists, including world tour sponsorship, television ads and merchandise tie-ins
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in a spokesperson and commercial services deal with Lance Armstrong
- Visa in spokesperson and commercial endorsement deals with Martin and Charlie Sheen, Yao Ming and Jane Leeves, and in sports sponsorship matters
- Coldwell Banker in a sponsorship deal with the PBS/Time Publishing Ventures television series “FIND!” with Leigh and Leslie Keno, that included extensive cross promotion initiatives with respect to cable distribution, online and print promotion
- National Geographic Society in an investment in and strategic alliance with Destination Cinema, whereby large-screen format films and theaters were National Geographic-branded
Clients and Industries
Our experience and capabilities allow us to work on any side of a branded entertainment deal. Our clients include Fortune 500 advertisers, advertising agencies, production companies and other organizations in the entertainment industry. We also represent talent including actors, musicians and sports figures.
Leadership in Law
Loeb & Loeb’s branded entertainment attorneys are an integral part of the firm’s broad-reaching Entertainment and Media Practice, which garnered the title of 2011-2012 "Law Firm of the Year" in Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms rankings. Chambers and Partners has also cited Loeb & Loeb as one of the country’s top law firms in the areas of media, entertainment and advertising, according to their USA guide.
As leaders in the branded entertainment space, our attorneys are closely involved with industry organizations such as the Promotional Marketing Association, the ABA Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries and the Association of National Advertisers, and they frequently speak on cutting-edge topics in this space.