November 30, 2011
5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
The Cornell Club New York
6 East 44th Street
New York, NY 10017
Loeb & Loeb LLP is pleased to present Cleantech Connect, a networking event for industry insiders. Join us to talk cleantech and discover exciting prospects for investment or collaboration.
Cleantech Connect will be hosted by Loeb partner Joseph F. Daniels and will feature Yanev Suissa, venture fellow at New Enterprise Associates, as keynote speaker. The program will continue as three companies present their businesses and will conclude with a networking cocktail reception.
5:30-6:20 PM Registration and networking (cocktails will be served)
6:20-6:30 PM Opening remarks by Joseph F. Daniels, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
6:30-6:50 PM Keynote address by Yanev Suissa, Venture Fellow, New Enterprise
6:50-8:00 PM Presenting companies
8:00-9:00 PM Networking (cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served)
- Sollega designs, tests and manufacturers solar mounting solutions serving the US and European markets. With offices in New York and San Francisco, Sollega provides the simplest solar mounting systems on the market, reducing labor, time and project costs. Its goal is to enable the installation of solar PV on every suitable roof in the world.
- So Clear Beverages provides sustainable bottled water solutions by selecting spring water sources near the markets serviced. It also offers customers the option of installing a purification machines for onsite bottling capabilities and provides turnkey solutions to environmental concerns about the bottled water industry.
- Phoenix Energy Technologies is a leading provider of Enterprise Energy Management (EEM) software and services and works with commercial and industrial customers to diagnose opportunities and implement strategies that reduce energy consumption and costs. Through real time measurement and verification of energy use, related costs and contextual data (weather, occupancy, etc.) Phoenix helps its customers get a "full view" of energy consumption and costs to maximize ROI.
- Freepower makes an "organic rankine cycle" turbine that takes 18% of the wasted heat from anything, but particularly electricity generation, and makes it into more electricity without the fuel. Freepower make the smallest, most reliable, lowest cost, highest efficiency machine in the world.
Presenting Companies from the July 27, 2011 Event:
- ThinkEco develops easy-to-use energy efficiency technologies for consumers and businesses alike. Its patent-pending modlet (for "modern outlet") is a hardware/software solution for eliminating energy wasted by plugged-in appliances. ThinkEco is an NYC-based early-stage company with a strong emphasis on internal R&D.
- CALM Energy is focused on enabling companies to reduce energy costs and better manage risks, such as service reliability, through the use of its software-based energy services and CALM consulting services. Its Smart Utility Management (SUM) Platform supports businesses in effectively dealing with data and to use advances in information technology as a competitive advantage, resulting in better management of risk and improved enterprise value through cost reductions and monetization of existing underutilized energy-based resources.
- Converted Organics promotes, develops and operates profitable innovative clean technologies that contribute to the improvement of our environment by use of sustainable business practices and the judicious use of natural resources. Its three primary lines of business are at the intersection of agriculture, water and waste recycling: Organic Fertilizer (Converted Organics™), Vertical Farming (TerraSphere Systems), and Industrial Wastewater Treatment (Industrial Wastewater Resources).
Presenting Companies from the April 5, 2011 Event:
- BrightGrid Solar provides a financing solution that allows homeowners to lease solar energy systems, instead of having to buy the equipment and pay for the installation upfront. This enables homeowners to save on their electricity bill through clean solar power, without having to deal with the burden of a significant upfront cost.
- See-O-Two Biotech GmbH is a leading provider of technology for industrial-scale production of micro-algae-based biomass for biofuels and bioplastics that significantly mitigates carbon dioxide emissions.
- Solar ETC specializes in the research and commercial application of Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) technology and is a premier supplier of integrated CSP system solutions worldwide.
Presenting Companies from the January 20, 2011 Event:
- Anellotech, Inc. has developed a clean technology platform for inexpensively producing petrochemicals and transportation fuels from renewable non-food biomass that converts wood waste, corn stover, and sugar cane bagasse into synthetic petroleum.
- Efficiency 2.0 develops the next generation of software solutions for utilities, state and local governments, corporations, and many others by combining the most sophisticated energy end use algorithms with community based social media software.
- Green Energy Management is a full-service, national energy-management company that provides its clients with all forms of efficiency solutions, mainly based in three functional areas: efficient water utilization, energy-efficient lighting upgrades, and renewable energy generation.
Presenting Companies from the October 19, 2010 Event:
- Locus Energy is a provider of software solutions to the distributed renewable energy market through a web-based platform that enables project stakeholders to maximize the efficiency and transparency of installed systems.
- Wind Products Inc. develops and sells small wind energy systems and has developed products that improve the overall economics of distributed small wind energy generation.
- VQ Wind produces twin-rotor, vertical-axis VQ WindJets, an alternative to traditional propeller designs for light industrial, agricultural, commercial, municipal and residential use.