January 23-24, 2012
Millennium UN Plaza Hotel
One United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017
Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to be a sponsor of American Conference Institute’s (ACI) 25th National Advanced Forum on Advertising Law, where partner Kenneth Adler will be on a panel titled “Advertising in the Cloud: Exploring the Legal Concerns of Cutting Edge Technologies.”
From the conference website:
In an Era Where Advertising is Moving Increasingly Toward the Digital Sphere, Ensure Your Company Remains Competitive and Compliant
Washington is Watching You – Are You Watching Your Consumers?
Behavioral targeting has become an area of great concern not only for the States, but the federal government as well. The FTC and Congress have made it clear that new legislation, including a “do not track” registry, is on the horizon. As behavioral advertising becomes more pervasive, consumers are increasingly concerned that their privacy is being compromised. Learn how to legally comply with privacy laws, while developing highly targeted marketing. At American Conference Institute's 25th National Advanced Forum on Advertising Law, you will have the opportunity to hear from thought leaders at The Walt Disney Company, Hilton Worldwide, the FTC and the California Office of Consumer Privacy on how to successfully implement privacy protocols as part of your company’s overall advertising strategy.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
1:30PM - 2:30PM - Advertising in the Cloud: Exploring the Legal Concerns of Cutting Edge Technologies
- Looking at new ways of distributing content to your consumers
- Explaining clearly to consumers how the cloud content works and how they can benefit from this new medium
- Avoiding overstating the functionalities of cloud content
- technological limitations
- geographical limitations
- how do you disclaim?
- Understanding the global rights to film and other content
- Collaborating with distribution channels to ensure your content is widely available
- Minimizing the risks when advertising cloud content to children
- Utilizing traditional advertising formats to launch new formats
Kenneth A. Adler, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Kristin McQueen, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
For more information, including how to register, please visit American Conference Institute’s website.