October 10, 2006
1:00 PM - 7:30 PM
121 Fourth Avenue South
Loeb & Loeb LLP presents "Madison Ave Meets Music Row: Building Brands in the Music Industry."
ARTISTS AND ADVERTISERS: COLLABORATION AND INNOVATION
Don't miss this opportunity to form partnerships to help build brand awareness! A panel of respected industry insiders, well-known advertisers and experienced Loeb & Loeb attorneys will be on-hand to share their secrets for a winning formula to build, promote and protect your brand.
1:00 PM - Registration and Welcome
1:30 PM - Introduction
1:45 PM - Building, Promoting and Protecting Your Brand
Hear how advertisers, artists and managers work collaboratively to manage individual interests while achieving a common goal.
Moderated by Jim Taylor, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Kathy Armistead, William Morris Agency
T.K. Kimbrell, T.K.O. Artist Management
David Weiswasser, Platinum Rye Entertainment
Kim Kosak, Chevrolet Division of General Motors
3:00 PM - Break
3:15 PM - Breakout Sessions: Tools and Techniques for Brand Building, Promotion and Protection
Tour Sponsorships and Endorsements
Finding the right sponsor for concerts and other personal appearances
Negotiating the talent "deliverables"
Coordinating with the record company
Expanding artist/sponsor relationship beyond touring
Protecting Your Intellectual Property Assets
Enforcing rights of publicity, copyrights and trademarks
Navigating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, including piracy concerns
Addressing domain name issues
Why You Need to Understand Guild Issues
- Managing and Licensing Artists' Rights in Traditional, Online and Mobile Media
- Master licenses, synch licenses, personal appearance rights — who owns what?
- Licensing and creating content for delivery to mobile devices (cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players)
- Incorporating mobile channels in marketing and promotions
- Partnering with wireless carriers and mobile device manufacturers to create co-branded products and services
- Online Marketing and Promotion
- Utilizing data collection and management tools to build consumer intimacy and avoid brand damage
- Understanding the rules, regulations and special legal issues relating to sweepstakes and contests
4:00 PM - Breakout Sessions Repeated
5:00 PM - Q&A/Closing Remarks
5:30 PM - Cocktail Reception
For more information, please e-mail us at